Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Musings - We Want A Hero

I have two sons. Add in my husband and I am most definitely outnumbered by testosterone in my house. So we always go see the action and hero flicks. Truthfully I don't mind very much. I'm a romance fan after all - and what's more romantic than the notion of someone heroic coming in, risking life and limb to save all of us?

Has anyone else noticed that there seem to be a lot of these kinds of movies releasing lately? I'm not complaining, just making an observation. 








I have a theory (and I could be way off track) but I wonder if it has something to do with the state of the nation. Our economy is horrible, jobs are hard to find, gas and food prices are up ...

Maybe these stories hold such appeal because we want a hero to fix the real problems we face in life.



 It could also be that we remember these heroes from when we were younger - and life at least seemed simpler to us. Maybe it just makes us feel good to see them conquer evil just like they did not so many years ago. ;o)

Whatever the reason, I know my family is enjoying the trend. Is yours? Do you have a favorite? A least favorite? Are you looking forward to the new movie coming out with a lot of them together, The Avengers? Share about your favorite heroes/hero movies.





No comments: