Monday, July 27, 2020

Cat Intro - Thomas






My cats are a bit like my children. We have a lot of them and they are all different. I thought I would introduce you to them.

The oldest is Thomas. He was surrendered with his whole litter to the shelter. His family thought they would sell the kittens for profit - but that was harder than they expected. Supposedly one of his parents was part Maine Coon, but he is small and doesn't have the face shape. So he is technically a domestic medium hair tabby with white. This picture isn't great - I'll look for or take a better one -- but he does have the mane around his face, shorter hair at the neck and then fluffs out again all the way to his tail - which he waves around like a flag.

When we adopted him he cried until we put an arm next to the crate. He put his paw out to hold on and he was calm the rest of the way. He still likes to be touching one of us most of the time. So much for stand offish and unemotional cats. lol

He is getting up there - 15 years old now. He is the one who always "greeted" any new cats first and I have adorable pictures of the kittens cuddling with him. (They loved to play with that super fluffy tail.)

He is very bonded to another cat we got about a week later, named Faith. I'll tell more about her in my next intro.



No comments: