Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Good News






It can be really depressing to watch the news these days. I don't know about you - but I have been really wanting some positive - encouraging news.

I read an old copy of Reader's Digest and it was listing cities in all 50 states - highlighting good things. So I skimmed until I found my state (Kansas) and looked at what was listed.

It was really wonderful because it wasn't just a "nice" program. A woman and her son both struggled with addiction to opioids. Her son lost his battle. She overcame and turned that horrible experience and loss into a positive by donating her house to help others who are struggling.

Now her house not only provides shelter and help to women - but those women also reach out and give to others who are in need. It's a great story and the impact is amazing. It's called Cedar House and here is their website where you can read more about it: The Cedar House

It just takes a little light to drive away the darkness. Look for the light and have a great day!

No comments: